Bayern vs PSG Preview: Champions League Round 16
Prediction for the second leg match between Bayern and PSG in the round of 16 of the Champions League on March 9th.
Not only did PSG lose in the first leg, but they also travel to Munich with a significant disadvantage in terms of squad depth. As a result, it is highly likely that the “princes” of Paris will be knocked out of the Champions League after tonight’s second-leg match.
BAYERN VS PSG TEAM NEWS
Benjamin Pavard’s red card in the dying minutes of the first leg match means he will serve a suspension, leaving coach Julian Nagelsmann with a defensive headache as Lucas Hernandez is still sidelined with an injury. If the German tactician continues to use a three-man defense, then Josip Stanisic will partner with Dayot Upamecano and Matthijs de Ligt, all of whom started in the recent win against Stuttgart. In attack, Sadio Mane is back, but he may not be able to compete with Jamal Musiala, Thomas Mueller, and Leroy Sane.
Meanwhile, PSG has just announced that Neymar will miss the rest of the season as he undergoes surgery for an ankle injury. Presnel Kimpembe and Renato Sanches continue to be sidelined with injuries.
RECENT FORM OF BAYERN VS PSG
After defeating PSG in the first leg, Bayern surprisingly lost to M’gladbach in the Bundesliga. Fortunately, the Bavarian giants quickly bounced back, winning their last two matches against Stuttgart and, especially, Union Berlin in the “six-pointer” match for the Bundesliga title.
On the other side of the pitch, PSG is also showing its dominance in the domestic league. After losing to Bayern, Christophe Galtier’s squad won all three Ligue 1 matches to consolidate their position at the top of the table. However, their away record is not stable with three losses and three wins in the last six matches, making it difficult for the Parisian team to cause an upset at the Allianz Arena.
Notable statistics for Bayern vs PSG
- Bayern has won the last two meetings, including a 1-0 victory in the first-leg match.
- At home, Bayern is undefeated in their last 24 matches in all competitions.
- Bayern has won all three group-stage matches of the Champions League at home, scoring nine goals and conceding none.
- PSG has lost two of their last three away matches.
- PSG’s last five away matches have ended with at least three goals scored.
Expected lineup for BAYERN VS PSG match
- Bayern Munich (3-4-2-1): Sommer; Stanisic, Upamecano, De Ligt; Coman, Kimmich, Goretzka, Davies; Sane, Musiala; Choupo-Moting.
- PSG (3-5-2): Donnarumma; Pereira, Marquinhos, Ramos; Hakimi, Ruiz, Verratti, Vitinha, Mendes; Messi, Mbappe.
Prediction: Bayern 2-1 PSG.
Keep following us at AMZfutbol to update the final result of this Champions League match!